Author Topic: Ruling 20/06/08  (Read 2387 times)

Offline the_duke

• Absolute Fish
  • Administrator
  • Huge Member
  • Hmm 7 4 off -- All in
    • Adult Gaming Room
Ruling 20/06/08
« on: June 20, 2008, 03:43:07 PM »
There have been a few discussions taking place asking for a house ruling on showing cards whilst a hand is in progress. The answers on some sites are ambiguous to say the least and seem to depend on whether the shown cards are behind the bet line or not. We of course do not have a bet line……..

Other areas seem to be pretty clear in all our minds. We are a small group of friends who play regularly together and I feel we must remove any ambiguity or uncertainty within the game.

Therefore in order to have clarity and consistency, mainly because we do not have a bet line, but also so we all know where we stand on this particular rule, we will adopt the following.

“In the absence of any verbal declaration, if any cards are turned face up whilst betting is in progress (i.e. there are people left to act, and that includes the revealer), the person who revealed their cards will have their hand deemed a mucked hand, and the hand will be folded”

The rule will not apply if the revealer is all-in. In this case the hand will stand and if one person has yet to act they may call if appropriate. If there is more than one person yet to act they may do so and create a side pot.

It is important that people know where they are in a hand and do not accidentally turn their cards face up whilst there is another player left in the hand and they have chips left behind, or the rule will apply. If in doubt wait…..

This will be in place for all live games at Chezger from now on (20/06/08)

Now I know there will be situations in the future where other questions will arise. I will do my best to rule on the night and make the right decision. Because the very nature of a ruling disappoints at least one person please be patient with me. If this happens I will post again so there is no ambiguity going forwards.

I also know that I will probably get a plethora of replies both for and against this. However I can’t please everyone and there has to be a rule and this is it………….

Offline jizzemm

• Little Member
Re: Ruling 20/06/08
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 07:07:55 PM »
AS those who were there know, I was the one who was in the hand with another player, and got what I thought was a bit of a 'moody' play in terms of the hand.

My feelings at the time was that the hand should be mucked and im glad that you have gone with this decision.

As you said, its a friendly home game, and banter is always good, and hopefully this will clear up the rule for the future, and ensure that there are no grey areas..

Offline slider

• Bigger Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 07:41:09 PM »
okey dokey, i will obey by the new rule but i really thought it was a cool move and didn't think it would cause any hassle.  angel

Offline RichEO

• Bigger Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 12:44:43 PM »
Showing your hand should not kill it. There will be more instances of hands being shown by accident when there is a chip left than showing to get a reaction.

The way it works in grosvenors is that if you show your hand and there are chips in play you can only call action not create it. If there are no chips in play then there is no penalty.

A hand is 'mucked' if it is in the muck. Not if it is over the bet line. It can be deemed dead / killed though. Mucked is the wrong terminoligy here completely.