Author Topic: CLASH OF THE TITANS  (Read 2747 times)

Offline JayCbee

• Bigger Member
CLASH OF THE TITANS
« on: May 12, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »
Clash of the Titans     Cert 12

Rating 3 out of 5      :-\ :-\ :-\

A missed opportunity is the best way I can describe this remake of 'Clash'- nearly everybody's
favorite 1981 film....

Sam Worthington (yes him again - not content with bashing terminators and future corporations ala Avatar),
takes the lead as a mortal demi-god (Zeuss' son) who helps the people of Argos (not to be
confused with that place in the high street) against the god of the underworld - Hades and his
pet Kraken.

Along the way we have giant scorpions, hard as nails Argos soliders, Medusa, Old Hag witches and
Pegasus.

From a CGI Point of View there are some awesomely good set pieces in this film.  The Scorpion attack a definite
high point of the film for me.

However, I am still failing to see what the big attraction of Sam Worthington is to these major studios,
he once again turns in an OK performance here in this film.

And I think thats about where we are with this remake - its OK - and we expect more than that
for our money these days.

Just an extra note - I saw the film in 2D - As I do all the 3D films - I refuse to pay the premium and unless the
film is a genuine 3D experience (AVATAR) and not a cobbled together string of 3D bits retro fitted
post production... Alice in Wonderland and this 'Clash' remake I'm looking at you - And from all
accounts this film is even more dissapointing in 3D so don't bother.

I'm giving it 3 out of 5 because it is good on spectacle but weak on story and acting.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 02:59:06 PM by JayCbee »
I flopped a straight and made a straight flush on the turn,  but I'm playing well - Jamie Gold 2006 Main event champion.

Offline zaraza

• Free poker bankrolls
Re: CLASH OF THE TITANS
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 11:19:56 PM »
It could be worse, much worse! There were a few scenes that i liked!

Click-Link